Every tenant in the UK has to pay a large tenancy deposit before a tenancy. Some tenants are short £6,000 when moving home. That's why we developed an alternative solution with benefits for tenants, landlords, and letting agents - the flatbond.
The flatbond is the simple, affordable and secure alternative to tenancy deposits. Instead of a large deposit, tenants pay flatfair only 1 week of rent as a fee but remain liable for up to 6 weeks of damage after the tenancy. In the unlikely event of excessive property damage, we offer an additional 6 weeks discretionary payout and the landlord is covered for double the usual deposit (12 weeks worth of rent). Our partnered letting agents market the flatbond and earn up to 30% commission.
The flatbond benefits all parties - tenants, landlords and letting agents:
- No upfront deposit
- If deposit has already been paid, get 5 weeks worth of rent in cash back
- More choice
- Streamlined communication and all documents in one place
- Enjoy double the protection (up to12 weeks worth of rent)
- Re-let their property quicker as flatfair pays out faster than the deposit schemes
- Attract a larger pool of reputable tenants who successfully passed background and credit checks to be eligible
- Share up to 30% of flatfair's revenue per flatbond and can also convert already existing tenancies into flatbonds
- Save time and money on deposit registrations and leverage our complementary communication and negotiation online tool
- Offer their landlords double the protection compared to the usual deposit (12 weeks of rent)
- Attract more reputable tenants and improve customer experience
- Quicker property turnover as finding reputable tenants becomes easier
United Arab Emirates
Register now for free to view an unlimited number of startup profiles
Thank you very much for using the Real Estate Innovation Database. You have now reached the maximum number of profile views for unregistered users.
Register now for free to view a unlimited number of startup profiles!
Please select your option.
Register here to create your free startup profile and become part of the Innovation Database.
Register here for free to view an unlimited number of startup profiles in the Innovation Database.